Policy Support:Rural Energy Agency and Rural Energy Fund
Camco Clean Energy was sub-contracted through ECON Sweden with the primary task of working with the Tanzanians to design and develop the Rural Energy Agency and Rural Energy Fund.
The extent of work involved:
- Capacity building of MEM staff
- Identifying stakeholders
- Working with stakeholders to define key areas of focus
- Looking at all cross-sectoral aspects of the future REA and REF
- Defining the financing mechanisms for rural energy projects
- Defining the role of rural electrification in the future REA and REF
- The role of other energy sources, including non-traditional fuels
The work also involves project identification for initial anchor projects for the REA and REF, and defining the capacity and capacity building needs of the private sector, particularly in PV.